Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thrift Store Chic.

Right now I must profess my love...for thrift stores and yard sales. When I was younger my grandma and I would make a trip almost every saturday to thrift stores, and yard sales in the spring. I've carried this love into my semi-adult college student life, and it's a good thing because I'm a college student and I'm poor! So yesterday my roomate, another friend, and I went to a huge local thrift store that's like the size of a Wal-Mart. Once you get past the the funky old musty smell that hits you like stampede of bad air when you walk in the door, that place is a treasure trove of awesomeness! My friend got these super cool high-waisted blue pants that look like something Marcia Brady would have worn, and I got some vintage (I think that's just a fancy word for old)  Liz Claiborne plimsolls that are really cute. Obviously I couldn't find a link to the actual ones but they look very similar to these from Urban Outfitters:
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=13699160&pushId=WOMENS_SHOES&popId=WOMENS&navCount=9&navAction=jump&itemCount=80&itemdescription=true&parentid=WOMENS_SHOES&startValue=161&sortProperties=+subCategoryPosition,+product.marketingPriority

I'm sure that I'll have many more posts about really sweet (and affordable) thrift store finds! What can I say, I like my clothes with a little history. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment